There are various possible causes of erectile dysfunction (ED). One may be due to an underlying health condition, stress, or a medication side effect. To make the right diagnosis, your doctor needs to run several tests to figure out the cause and recommend the right erectile dysfunction treatment for you.
These tests may include the following:
- Sexual and medical history.If you visit a men’s medical center in Georgia, your doctor will most likely start by asking questions about your medical and sexual history to understand if you’re condition is due to a mental or physical factor.
- Physical exam.This exam includes a careful examination of your penis and testicles to check if the nerves are functioning normally.
- Ultrasound.This test looks into the blood flow to the penis.
- Urine and blood tests.A sample of your urine and blood can determine potential health problems that may lead to ED, such as diabetes, heart disease, and hormonal problems.
- Psychological exam.Your doctor will ask questions about your mental wellbeing to identify depression and other mental or emotional health issues that may cause erectile dysfunction.
At Choice Men’s Health, our patients undergo a comprehensive diagnosis to ensure we provide the right treatment for them. If you are looking for a men’s health clinic in Atlanta, Georgia, book an appointment with us today.